- Ready-mix cement plants, Hot mix asphalt production
Regulations in a Nutshell:
- Ready-mix cement plants:
- Air permitting Air permitting- In some cases, exemptions from permitting may apply (i.e.-Act 918).
- Louisiana State regulation LAC 33:III.13 limits particulate matter from being emitted.
- Standards of Performance for Hot-Mix Asphalt Plants (NSPS) particulate matter
- On or after the date of the performance test, the facility shall not discharge any gases that:
- Contain particulate matter in excess of 0.04 gr/dscf.
- Exhibit greater than or equal to 20% opacity.
Reporting and Recordkeeping:
- Minimize discharge of spilled cement, aggregate, dust, etc. through regular sweeping of paved areas.
- Store materials in enclosed containers or areas whenever possible.
Pollution Prevention Suggestions:
- Perform regular inspections.
- Maintain control equipment (i.e.- baghouses, etc.)
- Service equipment to minimize fluid leaks.
- Use dust suppressants for stock piles and unpaved areas where needed